Understanding the difference between leadership and management will give you deeper insight into leadership.
A leader is not the same as a manager, but in most cases they are being replaced with managers.
Every leader was ones a manager on the way to leadership, therefore to be an effective leader, you must also learn to manage.
The difference between leadership and management is described below
1. A leader has his vision.
2. The leader innovates
3. The leader is an original.
4. The leader develops.
5. The leader inspires trust
6. The leader has a long range perspective.
7. The leader asks what and why.
8. The leader originate
9. The leader challenges the status quo
10. The leader does the right thing.
11. Leader inspires through inspiration.
12. Leader is all about becoming himself.
13. Leaders initiate change.
14. Leaders empower
15. Leaders deploy people.
16. Leaders think of the next generation.
17. The leader thinks of the arising
18. The leader thinks of the future.
19. The leader sees the big picture
20. Leaders serve the people.
21. Leaders pursue purpose.
22. Leaders sacrifice themselves
23. Leadership is about attitude.
24. A leader finds something to give up their life for.
1. A manager is responsible for someone's vision
2. The manager administers
3. The manager is a copy
4. The manager maintains
5. The manager relies on control.
6. The manager has a short-range view.
7. The manager asks how and when.
8. The manager imitates.
9. The manager accepts the status quo.
10. The manager does things right.
11. Managers rely on control and manipulation.
12. A manager relies on doing.
13. Managers wait.
14. Managers pursue power.
15. Managers employ people
16. Managers think of the next position.
17. Thee managers think of the bottom line.
18. The manager thinks of the present.
19. The manager focuses on result.
20. Managers delegate duties
21. A manager pursues people.
22. Managers use people
23. Manage relies on technique,procedure,mechanics
24. Managers are about the next job.
Everyone was born with leadership potential, but you must go through a process to become a leader. The difference between leadership and management will show you were you are.