The difference between Management and leadership has been the most unresolved topics in our world today, and yet we cannot do without them.
In other to become a leader, it is necessary you understand clearly, the difference between management and leadership. You will gain a deeper insight on leadership.
Every leader was once a manager on their way to leadership. Therefore in other to become an effective leader, you must also learn to manage.
There have been many situations in which managers have been mistaken for leaders and placed in leadership or managerial position but were unable to function in leadership. This has frustrated the purposes and objective of their organization, community, business and family.
A leader is not the same as a manager, let’s see the difference;
1. A leader has his own vision (even when it is carried out within someone else vision) and he uses the resources of the organization with integrity in order to accomplish his goals
- A manager has no vision, but he is responsible for someone else vision and resources.
2. Leaders don't wait; they initiate change in their environment
- Managers wait for instructions in other to make changes.
3. The leader creates trails; he becomes the instrument of change in the environment, organization, school or business.
- Managers follow rules and are ready to obey the instructions to the letter.
4. Leadership is self-manifestation; leaders discover a sense of purpose for their life, business or organization.
- The Manager only thinks of the next position.
5. True leaders produce other leaders
- Managers seek followers
6. Leaders find a human cause worth sacrificing everything for
- Managers are in for what they can receive.
7. Leadership is about service, leaders serve their organization and community
- Managers rely on control to achieve goals.
8. A leader introduces something new
- Managers go with the status quo
9. A leader is an original
- A Manager is a copy
10. Leadership brings growth
- Managers maintain the standard.
11. Leaders inspires others through his inspiration
- A manager has to manipulate people to achieve his goals
12. The leader sees the future
- The manager only thinks of the present
13. The leader challenges the organizations methods
- The manager work with the standard
14. Leadership is about the pursuit of purpose
- Managers pursues people
15. Leaders lead the way
- Managers instruct follows.
Most leaders were manages on their way to leadership, it is usually a natural path of progression. Therefore understanding these differences will take you one step close to discovering your leadership potentials.
Becoming A Leader!!
Get your free leadership tools here
New! CommentsHave your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.